September 2, 2013

Blackberry Extravaganza: Part 2 of 3

Next up on the Blackberry Menu: Blackberry Yogurt Popsicles

I'm bummed that summer is wrapping up here (it doesn't seem long enough in New Hampshire!), but there's always great sales at the end of the season. I found a jelly belly popsicle mold at Target for 98¢! Score! So continuing on with the Blackberry theme, I made a batch of Foodess's Blackberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt Pops.



I tweaked the original recipe that called for plain whole-milk yogurt for vanilla yogurt, not because I don't like the tangy taste of plain, but because it's nearly impossible to find these days! The whole yogurt aisle has been taken over with greek style varieties. It even took me awhile to hunt down the plain vanilla. These pops are super easy to make. I dumped the blackberries in my mini food processor with the sugar and squirt of lime. I opted to extract the seeds through a fine sieve at this point. I let a few through, I didn't mind a little crunch or extra fiber. Alternate vanilla yogurt and blackberry puree into Popsicle mold, swirl a bit with a knife, and freeze until solid. These were a yummy on a hot day. If you like your treats sweet, add more sugar to the puree mixture. Pin and make these before all the summer berries are gone. How about pops with raspberries or blueberries?


No comments:

Post a Comment