August 26, 2013

Blackberry Extravaganza: Part 1 of 3

I have risked thorn pricks, lumpy mosquito bites, and tick infestations to forage for the blackberries that grow wildly through our wooded backyard. I have collected quite the bounty! Luckily I've found plenty of recipes to use the copious amount of blackberries up.
First Up: Blackberry Crumb Bars by Shall We Cook

I made sure to whip up a batch of crumb bars before I ate all the blackberries. I liked that the berry layer in the bars had no added sugar so the flavor and tartness of the fruit stand out. The crumb layer adds the perfect amount of sweetness. Make sure not to over process the crumb. I know I did and it the top layer ended up being a tad soft. I think I would try adding a little almond to the top next time for an added crunch. Regardless, these are a really good treat for a leisurely summer breakfast with a cuppa tea, so pin away.


No comments:

Post a Comment