March 2, 2013

Samoa Bars

Samoa/Samoas/Caramel deLites, whatever you want to call them, they are one of my favorite Girl Scout Cookies. While I always manage to eat a few (or a few boxes) every year, I love that are are so many recipes out there that play homage to these little guys. Here are a few of favorites that I've come across on pinterest lately:

Mini Baked Samoa Donuts
Samoa Popcorn
And finally my favorite, Samoa Bars. Foodologie's picture was so drool worthy that I needed to try to bake some!


Cookie, Caramel, Coconut, and Chocolate, these 4 C words combine to create one pretty amazing bar. The process of making them is somewhat time consuming as you have to wait for the cookies to cool before you top them with the caramel, then you have to wait for the caramel/coconut mixture to set before you cut them, and then finally as your patience is running out and your stomach is screaming at you to just shove one in your mouth already, you have to wait for the damn chocolate to harden. Is it worth it? Absolutely! The soft cookie base combines with the chewy caramels and the smooth chocolate drizzle to create an overly decadent treat.  I cut my bars as small as I could without them crumbling as they are so rich. One cookie goes a long way, even for a sugar junkie like myself.



If you're feeling ambitious and have a hankering for Girl Scout Cookies give this recipe a try! I give these 4 1/2 noms out of 5! (1/2 a star was taken off as they give me wicked bad heartburn. Maybe I'm just getting old and can't handle the same amount of sugar I used to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment